Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Luke's Lobster, Crab Edition


Promised awhile back that I would return to Luke's Lobster to sample the crab roll.  I should perhaps first explain where I stand on this critical issue: While I'd rather have a lobster on my plate than a mess of crabs, I'd almost always prefer to have crabmeat in my bun.  If it's Maine crab, that is.  All crustaceaholics know the adage, "The colder the water, the sweeter the meat."
  Why then, are Maryland's crabs held in much higher esteem than crabs from the chilly waters of Maine?  I can only assume that Maryland's proximity to DC lends it access to the Congressional Seafood Roll Committee.
  If you are in doubt, stroll over to Luke's and sample a Maine crab roll.  The crabmeat will be sweet, with a touch of the ocean.  It's topped with a nicely suitable spice blend that reminds me a bit of Old Bay.  The other good thing about crab rolls?  Universally cheaper than lobster rolls. At Luke's, they run five bucks from the small, nine for the large.

3 comments:

M Dawson said...

I don't suppose one would fit in a flat rate bag would it????

Barbara L. Hanson said...

Not that would be edible when it got to NZ!

Scott Reiner said...

and it's in the 'hood! thanks baby!!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a ninth-generation Brooklyn native living in Manhattan.