Thursday, October 08, 2009

Cranberry Bogs and Macarons


Visited the Ocean Spray cranberry bog at Rockefeller Center,  an annual installation that I'd not been aware of.  It's cute, but a cranberry bog is probably more exciting in situ.  In midtown, it's just a bunch of floating cranberries, although I did appreciate the free juice.


  The tourist-riddled area is also home to La Maison du Chocolat, which is well worth a visit, particularly if you've got money that you don't know how to get rid of.  I bought two macarons--raspberry and coffee--that were, in fact, well worth the $2.50 price tag, even though each one was about the size of a stack of three silver dollars.*  The raspberry was particularly well executed, suffused with the essence of the berry without being in the least cloying.  The coffee leaned a bit toward the mocha, but was quite satisfying as well.  More fun that a tubful of cranberries!

*Sadly, they barely survived the trip home in my purse.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a ninth-generation Brooklyn native living in Manhattan.